Friday, January 11, 2013

two thousand and 13

So far, so good... I've really struggled to feel motivated like a usually do this time of year. Usually I can't wait to let go of the past year, because it was boring or sucky, but 2012... Man, that was my year. In fact, when the countdown was done and it was officially 2013, I cried. How embarrassing. How devastating. I didn't even know why I was crying. I just felt heavy. But, I absolutely cannot mope my way into this year or it definitely won't live up to 2012. So far it has been wonderful, but it's time to get serious. Goals & resolution kinda serious.

I've taken a while to settle with my list of goals & resolutions, but they are a dynamic part of life, growing & evolving as the year gets older, so these are just a basic skeleton.

2013 Goals:

#1: Fit comfortably into my maroon shorts.
I don't care about losing a certain amount of weight, or size, I just wanna fit into some of my old clothes from when I was in first year. I don't want to have to give it away because I love them and I never buy new substitutes because I'm determined to get into them again. This year I WILL make it happen.

#2: Read.
Read. Read. Read. My focus this year is going to so-called classics. I love exploring that section of the books store. I want to know what made them classic, so I'm going to read as many as I can this year and get my culture on.

#3: Graduate BSc(Hons) Cum Laude.
This is no easy feat, but with determination and hard work it is possible (I think). This year, Wesley is studying at UCT, so I figured I'd have more time to spend in the bib.

#4: Clear out my closet.
And hope nobody pops out holding a few skeletons. I have so much clothes that I don't wear anymore an never will wear again whether I achieve goal #1 or not. And so, by the end of the year I would like to have gotten rid of all of the excess and keep only what I wear. (and hopefully have a brand new wardrobe to boot)

Those are my basic goals.

I resolve to:

#1: keep my bedroom & flat as tidy as I possibly can.
#2: work hard to achieve my goals, including hitting the gym & bib as often as I can.
#3: be more organised.
#4: always have nice, neat nails.
#5: be a cool girlfriend, within reason. ;)
#6: look after my skin.
#7: save money & be smart with my finances.
#8: not lose earrings.

wish me luck!

xx T

No comments:

Post a Comment