Saturday, October 6, 2012

Inner Thoughts & Tidbits

Confession: I'm pretty certain I am studying the wrong thing and at this pointin my life I feel like there's not much I can do to turn it around... That being said, I have always been a firm believer in never being too old to dream. As I sit in my childhood bedroom, listening to jazzed up versions of Christmas carols from the nightclub down the road, the dreams I had in this bedroom are ever clearer... Even if it's small gigs, I want to sing. I want to sing my lungs out even if it's for tiny groups of scattered people who barely notice...

Okay. That's been said and now I'd like to share things with you... Just a few tidbits... Tanica's Tidbits if you will :)

  • read: When I'm feeling like this (^), it's important to remind myself of some of life's moving moments... Here's a list of 50 of them. Worth a read. How many do you identify with... I pretty much agree with the whole list
Tumblr_m1xo43uz5l1r7xas6o1_500_large
  • read: I saw this Body Shop ad a while back and it's true. You're not a supermodel... (unless you are, in which case, good on ya girl...) Here's a letter Zooey Deschanel (LOVELOVELOVE) wrote to a magazine when she was seventeen years old... The girl seriously had it going on. Respect.
  •  watch: Plenty of my friends say that I'm a hipster. Maybe this music video of a song called Thrift Shop (that I love) means they're right, find out for yourself... I think it's HILARIOUS!
  • watch: This TV show presenter calls out her bully on air. Prepare for goosebumps, chicken skin, the works. I have major respect for her and her message.
  • look: Despite what I said in the beginning, I do love science and I love the fact that I'm a WOMAN in science... These are some posters made for better known women in science...

Anyhoo, mom's calling me for dinner (love coming home for the odd weekend)
Peace out!!

xx T

No comments:

Post a Comment